Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting - "Beliveau Summer Rose"



Name of the Wine: Beliveau Summer Rose
Grapes in the Wine: Pinot Noir, Chambourcin, Vidal Blanc
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: Virginia
Vintage Year: 2020
Price: $7 per 5 oz glass, $24.95 per bottle

Review of the Wine: The Vintage Cellar says, "A floral nose precedes the bright and fruity flavors of strawberry and raspberry in this dry rose. There is a perceived sweetness that may fool you as you sip. Grilled vegetables, fresh fruits, and feta cheese are all wonderful pairings with this enchanting rose."

Wine Folly: Page 150: Pinot Noir
The flavors in this wine include cherry, raspberry, cloves, mushrooms, and vanilla. I taste more of a raspberry or strawberry taste than the dark flavor of cherry, but it is a complex flavor that is somewhat sweet like a raspberry and somewhat darker like a cherry. I do not taste the earthy flavor of the mushroom, nor do I taste any vanilla.

My Review: This wine was relatively tart compared to the other wines at the tasting, but I appreciated it. It almost had the flavor of a cough drop in my opinion, due to the spicy feeling, but was lighter and more classically fruity than the artificial flavors of medicine. The most important flavors in this wine were the strawberry and raspberries, which seemed simultaneously distinct yet inseparable. When I focused on one flavor, I felt as if the whole wine tasted that way, then thinking about the other, I felt the opposite. It had a fresh and light taste with a strong floral smell.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...