Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - "Moutard Pét' Mout' Pinot Noir Rose Petillant Naturel"

 



Moutard Pét' Mout' Pinot Noir Rose Petillant Naturel

Name of the Wine: Pét' Mout' Rosé

Grapes in the Wine: Pinot Noir
Country of Origin: France
Region of Origin: Burgundy
Vintage Year: N/A
Price: $5.95 per bottle or $3 for 5 oz glass

Review of the Wine: The Vintage Cellar says, "100% Pinot Noir from Burgundy, this is a traditional method of making sparkling wine that is, in fact, the world's most ancient. The Rosé gives a dark pink color. It's a lively wine of subtle red berries and powerful aromas of flowers which goes perfectly with light fare and brings freshness on the end of a meal."

Wine Folly: Pg 150: Pinot Noir
Flavors include cherry, raspberry, clove, mushroom, and vanilla. I didn't taste vanilla in this at first, but I do think I can taste it now that I have read about its presence. The cherry and raspberry tastes are stronger, though they are far more tart than the two fruits when you eat them. It almost seems like there are more flavors in it, such as perhaps pineapple. It seems to almost attack your taste buds with acidity, the way that pineapple does.

My Review: I really liked this wine, but similar to other wines, I didn't like it at first. My friends liked it more than me, so we bought a bottle after we went to the tasting. I think that the flavor definitely grew on me the more that I tasted it, especially because I liked the smell. The smell was a bit floral, and when detached from the tartness and acidity, it was a bit sweet. I could see some things settling in the bottom of the bottle and floating in my glass, which is interesting. It was just light enough that you could see the darker pink particles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...