Saturday, January 21, 2023

Tasting - "Uncorked Chardonnay"

 


Uncorked by Cosmopolitan Chardonnay from The Vintage Cellar.

Name of the Wine: Uncorked Chardonnay
Grapes in the Wine: Chardonnay
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: Santa Maria, California
Vintage Year: 2019
Price: $7.95 per bottle or $4 for 5 oz glass

Review of the Wine: It is listed as a 90 by wine.com. The Vintage Cellar says, "A balance of acid structure, fruit, and oak makes this buttery Chardonnay a stunner. Lemon meringue and chamomile strike up a friendship with toffee and nougat. Delish!"

Wine Folly: Page 96: Chardonnay
This wine has medium acidity and body, with relatively low sweetness. The flavors include yellow apple, starfruit, pineapple, vanilla, and butter. I don't think I tasted any butter in this, it tasted a bit more fruity to me, the butter was very subtle. I did definitely taste some pineapple.

My Review: This was my favorite wine from the tasting today. Even though it wasn't very sweet, I loved the fruit flavors and thought that it paired especially well with the apple slices on the charcuterie board. Even though apples are an ingredient, I didn't know that when I tasted it with them. I also tasted it with some salami and thought that it was great, even though Wine Folly says that it pairs best with subtle spices and flavors like seafood. I didn't think it tasted very good with cheese, because the fruity flavor clashed a bit too much with the dairy in my opinion. I thought it was light but still stronger than other similar wines, which I really liked. It had a stronger alcohol taste than some of the other wines I have tasted (it was 14.1%). However, I thought that the flavor of the wine made it an enjoyable experience despite the strength of the alcohol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...