Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - "Childress Burst Sweet Rosé"

 



Name of the Wine: Childress Burst Sweet Rose

Grapes in the Wine: Muscat
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: North Carolina
Vintage Year: N/A
Price: $16.99 per bottle

Review of the Wine: Yiannis Wine says that the wine will "exhibit both berry and floral aromas, along with tropical flavors."
Wine Folly: Page 138: Muscat Blanc
It contains flavors of mandarin orange and orange blossom, lemon, pear, and honeysuckle. It tastes more like cherry to me, but I can see how there are citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges present because it has a bright and tart taste. 

My Review: I wanted to like this wine more than I do, perhaps because of its name, the art on the bottle, and the words "fruity, fizzy, and fun on the tongue!" which are present on the label. However, it tastes a bit too much like cough syrup to me, and the fizz seems to almost take away from the flavor and makes me dislike it more. It is not the worst drink I have ever tasted, but I will likely not purchase this wine again. It reminds me of cough syrup because of its mildly unpleasant aftertaste. It does not have a rich array of flavors present, and does not quite have a specific "wine" taste. It is a bit one-dimensional and almost a bit bitter in my opinion (mainly judging by the aftertaste).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...