Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - "Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel"

 


Name of the Wine: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel
Grapes in the Wine: Zinfandel
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: California
Vintage Year: NA
Price: $4.49 for 750 mL bottle, $8.47 for 1.5 L

Review of the Wine: From total wine: "Fresh and delicious with berry-like fruit flavors and aromas of citrus and honeydew. Enjoyable with a wide variety of foods, it pairs especially well with today's spicy cuisine."

Wine Folly: Page 189: Zinfandel
There are blackberry, strawberry, peach preserves, cinnamon, and sweet tobacco present in this wine. I taste the berries and the peach, but can not pick out the cinnamon. Cinnamon has a very specific taste, and I don't feel like I'm able to pick it out in this wine.

My Review: This wine reminds me of the Moutard Pét' Mout' that I tried. They are both sweet and tart at the same time, with a light yet bold taste. It says in the textbook that this wine would pair well with Asian barbeque, and I can definitely see how they would pair well together. It is fruity and yet not very sweet, and it has a full body. It only has 10% alcohol but it tastes like there would be more, which is interesting, because I taste it more than in some other wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...