Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting - "Beliveau Merlot"



Name of the Wine: Beliveau Merlot
Grapes in the Wine: Merlot
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: Virginia
Vintage Year: 2019
Price: $7 per 5 oz glass, $24.95 per bottle

Review of the Wine: From the Vintage Cellar, "One year in French oak gives this Merlot a creamy nose with traces of soft pepper. With traditional flavors of light red fruit, this wine is made for roast duck or lean cuts of beef."

Wine Folly: Page 131: Merlot
This wine’s flavors include cherry, plum, chocolate, dried herbs, and vanilla. I tasted the plum flavors but never tasted the herbs or chocolate flavors. I tasted cherry, which I usually taste in most wines.

My Review: This was my favorite wine from the tasting. It had a dark yet sweet flavor, and tasted more like fruit punch than other wines that I have had and the alcohol taste was lighter yet present enough to give it body. It had a nice finish and I can definitely see how it would pair well with meats, but would also like to try it with cheese.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...