Sunday, February 26, 2023

Tasting - "La Playa Viognier"

 



Name of the Wine: La Playa Viognier
Grapes in the Wine: Viognier
Country of Origin: Chile
Region of Origin: Colchagua Valley
Vintage Year: 2021
Price: $4 per 5 oz glass, $9.95 per bottle

Review of the Wine: From the Vintage Cellar, "Visually this viognier is a rich yellow color. There's aromas of jasmine flower and peach and the palate has a great balance of fresh fruit and a long finish."

Wine Folly: Page 186: Viognier
This wine's flavors include tangerine, peach, mango, honeysuckle, and rose. I could taste the tangerine, peach, and mango, but didn't really taste the honeysuckle or rose. It definitely had a mostly citrus taste.

My Review: I really liked this wine because I thought that it had a citrus-y flavor without the acidity. It had a medium sweetness which paired well with the floral orange blossom flavors. I thought that it also had an almost grapefruit scent, but couldn't quite taste it. It was rich and medium-bodied with very little tannic component which is something that I like. I thought it was very easy to drink and did not need any foods to balance the flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...