Sunday, March 19, 2023

Tasting - "Josh Pinot Noir"

 



Name of the Wine: Josh Pinot Noir
Grapes in the Wine: Pinot Noir
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: California
Vintage Year: 2021
Price: $5 per 5 oz glass, $15.95 per bottle

Review of the Wine: From the Vintage Cellar, "a bouquet of dried cherry and cranberry laced with traces of leather, earth, and  eucalyptus. Light-bodied and clean on the pallet with juicy, cherry-flavored fruit; the tannins are soft and subtle leading to a moderately long finish."

Wine Folly: Page 150: Pinot Noir
Pinot noir has flavors of cherry, raspberry, clove, mushroom, and vanilla. I think cranberry was a good description for this wine, but it tasted more like jam to me.


My Review: I thought this wine was okay. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. The worker at the wine tasting said that this brand of wines were made for restaurants to serve with their food, and it was intended to pair well with any dish. I could definitely see how this wine is noncommittal in that way. It had a mild flavor which in most cases I would appreciate, but in this case I thought just made it taste kind of weird. It did truly taste like cranberry to me, though, so I think this could be a good winter holiday wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing

  Yesterday, I completed my first Wine and Cheese Pairing assignment. I used the Wine Folly textbook's advice on cheese and wine pairing...